Your Support System is an interesting area of life because it really does affect each of the other 8 areas of your life in so many ways. It is my belief that it is closely tied to your Self area of life. The more solid you are in your Self area, the better your Support System relationships will be. You will see they go hand in hand.
Personally I have found myself giving to much to the point of feeling resentful and it was because I was feeling insecure and wanted to feel more significant or loved. Setting boundaries in this area of your life is important and is the foundation for this area of your life.
To discover where you feel you are in the Support System area of your life start with our EDL Life Standards Assessment for your Support System Area! Answer these 10 questions honestly with A-Always/Absolutely, S-Sometimes/Sort of or N-Never/No
- Do you surround yourself with positive people?
- Do you have someone to talk to if you need to?
- Are your gatherings a positive experience?
- Do you spend quality time with your Support System?
- Do you express gratitude to your Support System?
- Do you feel completely honest with your Support System?
- Do you ask for & receive the support you need?
- Can you end a “toxic” relationship?
- Do you work to resolve conflict?
- Is there an equal give & take with your Support System?
Give yourself 1 point for each A, 1/2 a point for each S and 0 points for each N
Total your score to give you an idea of where you feel you are on a scale from 1-10 in your Support System area of life!
Now that you know where you are, it is time to decide where you want to go!
Next, use the EDL Life Standards Assessment questions as a guide to help you identify what you want in this area of your life. Read over the 10 questions and your answers, think about where you are, relax and quiet your mind for a few minutes and once your mind is calm begin to write out a vision of what you want for this area of your life. Be as detailed as you can, enjoy the process of designing your daily life!
Remember to dream BIG, anything is possible!
Enjoy Daily Life,